Musicarenje.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musicarenje.net

Fly Fishing

Portal*PrijemTražiLatest imagesRegistruj sePristupi

March Brown

Ići dole 
+2
Madjoni
Ray Lockyer
6 posters
Idi na stranu : Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4
AutorPoruka
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

Broj poruka : 233
Godina : 77
Datum upisa : 03.01.2010

March Brown - Page 4 Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptySub 27 Mar 2010, 18:49

Brithyll PERT

Ray

(Pretty trout)
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Madjoni
Madjoni

Broj poruka : 9731
Datum upisa : 14.10.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptySub 27 Mar 2010, 19:30

Ray Lockyer ::
Brithyll PERT

Woooow..this Welsh language sounds very interesting cheers
Diolch fy chum cheers
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.flyfishingprimus.me/
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptyUto 30 Mar 2010, 16:14

Hi
Here is my emerger pattern for the March Brown - hope you like it; a similar fly caught me a few fish last season.

I haven't seen an adult March Brown this season - last year they started hatching on 5th March; guess it's because of the cold winter in the UK.

Ray

March Brown - Page 4 9r0eoy
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Madjoni
Madjoni

Broj poruka : 9731
Datum upisa : 14.10.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptyUto 30 Mar 2010, 17:38

Lovely jobbly mate cool photos
Very neat and very good proportion.
It is cold here as well and rivers are to damn big Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.flyfishingprimus.me/
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptyUto 30 Mar 2010, 18:21

MJ Thanks.

Rivers here have been high for nearly 2 week - been unable to fish.

Ray
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Mixmaster
MASTER
Mixmaster

Broj poruka : 10000
Godina : 54
Datum upisa : 05.08.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptyUto 30 Mar 2010, 18:49

Unfortunately, marchbrown do not live in all rivers. It seems to require larger rocky rivers. We should be very lucky to enjoy in reasonably clear waters on such rivers, during the flight period of marchbrown. I must admit that i never had a successful fishing on the true marchbrown imitation of Rhithrogena germanica. Water level is always high, or i am on limestone rivers and ponds. Perhaps, early in the season i am not in the mood for longer and risky trips into the mountains.
Stories about germanica that come to my ear, indicating that it is very interesting for trout, undoubtedly much more interesting than Ecdyonurus or Heptagenia relatives. Just i have no luck to be on the right place on the right time, to try true marchbrown flies, that Ray ties so well.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 EmptyUto 30 Mar 2010, 20:06

I mainly fish a river that supports a good hatch of March Brown, it is a SPATE river that rises and falls very quickly with rainfall. The upper reaches flows through a 2 mile band of limestone but the Remainder of the river is mainly sandstone, the bed is mostly made up of mixed sized stones and rocks. My experience of the March Brown is that the Duns appear, often in large numbers, for 15 - 20 minutes and then stop for a short period, then hatch again in large numbers and so on throughout the period of 11:00 and 15:00 hours (approximately).

The brown trout he can be switched to the nymphs, the emergers or the Duns and The method used requires close observation of the feeding pattern of the Fish.

In my experience, the hatch of The Yellow May Dun (Heptagenia sulphurea) is much more scattered, with small numbers of Duns appearing throughout the day. There are stories of the trout not liking the Yellow May Dun, but I have witnessed them being taken on many occasions.

The Large Brook Dun (Ecdyonurus torrentis) also hatches out in small numbers and some of them crawl out of the water and do not hatch at the surface. Although there is an extended season on my local river from May through to October.
The Autumn Dun (Ecdyonurus dispar) is very similar in terms of the hatch but has a shorter 'season' from July to October.

Ray
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Sponsored content

PočaljiNaslov: Re: March Brown   March Brown - Page 4 Empty

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

March Brown
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 4 od 4Idi na stranu : Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4