Musicarenje.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musicarenje.net

Fly Fishing

Portal*PrijemTražiLatest imagesRegistruj sePristupi

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps

Ići dole 
4 posters
AutorPoruka
Firetiger
Fly fisherman
Fly fisherman
Firetiger

Broj poruka : 8
Godina : 47
Datum upisa : 11.03.2010

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 01:37

Czech Nymph
( in 10 easy steps)

Step 1: Hook Selection

Select a scud hook of appropriate size. By appropriate I mean rather large - this one is size 8 and it is my favorite size for trout fishing.
You will want your nymph to be both slim and heavy at the same time; that simply does not work in sizes 14 and upwards.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs1

Step 2: Weight

Add a layer of lead. Flat lead works the best; it packs more tightly than round lead and high density is crucial. In this example
I went for one layer of lead, but you can add two for extra weight. In such case make the second layer one turn shorter on each
side to preserve the tapered look.Make sure the lead does not extend past the hook bend - you want to leave a plenty of space to
tie in the ribbing and back cover. Otherwise your nymph will have a fat ass, which is a major NO, NO! (any ladies reading this post? Laughing )

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs2

Step 3: Thread

Tie in your thread and tightly lash the weight to the hook. I have selected UNI 6/0 thread in color tan. The 6/0 thread is stronger than 8/0
I use for most of my other tying and can stand some abuse - it will receive a lot! I want my lead packed ever more tightly, high density is
very important for a CZ nymph. I selected color tan so that it will not darken the dubbing as black thread would.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs3

Step 4: Rib and Back Cover

Now make use of the empty space you left in the hook bend and tie in first the ribbing - I am using 0.16 mm monofilament spinning line here -
and then back cover. For back cover I am using 4 mm wide strip in honey color, so it will be just a shade darker than my dubbing.
Lash both to the hook bend very tightly, keeping in mind that the fat ass you are trying very hard to avoid.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs4

Step 5: Abdomen

Dub the abdomen - about one half of the nymph body, perhaps slightly more. I am using hare dubbing color light olive here, rabbit will
work also fine. If using natural dubbing (which I strongly suggest) be aware that it will darken once wet and select the color accordingly.
Again, keep in mind the fat ass you are trying very hard to avoid!

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs5

Step 6: Hot Spot

Dub the hot spot (optional). Use bright red, orange or hot pink colors. Here I am using Seal fur colored hot orange.
The hot spot is optional - when fishing it can make your day or scare the fish witless for no apparent reason.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs6

Step 7: Thorax/Legs

Dub the front part of the fly. Use scruffy dubbing with longish hairs, so it will add movement to your fly.
I am using black hare mixed with black seal. Leave just enough space for the head.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Cz_sbs15

Step 8: Fold Over the Back Cover

This is the tricky part. Fold over the back cover, stretching it slightly forward so that it covers the body snugly.
Tie in with your tying thread and secure tightly. Whip finish - and only then cut the redundant part off.
Few things are more frustrating than having the fly come apart at this stage due to sloppy tying of the back cover.
Trust me. I had it happen many times, and you would not wish to hear what I had to say about it.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Cz_sbs13

Step 9: Wrap the ribbing

Now that the tricky part is done you wrap your ribbing. Make sure you wrap in the direction of your tying thread,
mono is slippery and you want your fly to look neat.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Czsbs9

Step 10: Finishing touches

You are almost done. The only finishing touches left are brushing your fly vigorously with
a velcro strip and coloring your head and front half of the back cover with black marker.

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Cz_sbs14

Take a step back and enjoy!
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://graylingonfly.blogspot.com/
Madjoni
Madjoni

Broj poruka : 9731
Datum upisa : 14.10.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 03:03

Fantastičan SBS cool photos cool photos Jindra hvala sampion 1 sampion 1 sampion 1
p.s. ako nekom od forumaša treba prevod neka se javi pa ćemo prevesti cheers
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.flyfishingprimus.me/
Renafly
Guide
Guide
Renafly

Broj poruka : 1568
Datum upisa : 05.12.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 08:17

Pekna za 5 dobar post
SBS je originalan cool photos cool photos cool photos
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Mr.Zacoola
Champion Fly Tying Competition 'Musicarenje.net 2012'
Champion Fly Tying Competition 'Musicarenje.net 2012'
Mr.Zacoola

Broj poruka : 1812
Godina : 35
Datum upisa : 02.02.2009

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 09:08

That's it! Beautiful!

Thank you Firetiger! cestitam
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Firetiger
Fly fisherman
Fly fisherman
Firetiger

Broj poruka : 8
Godina : 47
Datum upisa : 11.03.2010

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 09:50

Thank you guys, I appreciate that!

My apologies for not being able to write in your language (I can understand a lot, but not write).

If madjoni or somebody else has time to translate a bit it would be nice, but the really important part are the pictures anyhow Laughing

J.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://graylingonfly.blogspot.com/
Madjoni
Madjoni

Broj poruka : 9731
Datum upisa : 14.10.2008

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps EmptySre 17 Mar 2010, 13:57

Firetiger ::
Thank you guys, I appreciate that!

My apologies for not being able to write in your language (I can understand a lot, but not write). If madjoni or somebody else has time to translate a bit it would be nice, but the really important part are the pictures anyhow Laughing

Dont vory mate cheers cheers cheers
Just keep them coming o.k
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.flyfishingprimus.me/
Sponsored content

PočaljiNaslov: Re: Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps   Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps Empty

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Czech Nymph - in 10 easy steps
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1