Musicarenje.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musicarenje.net

Fly Fishing

Portal*PrijemTražiLatest imagesRegistruj sePristupi

Thanks Mr.Ray

Ići dole 
2 posters
AutorPoruka
Mersad Rajic
Guide
Guide
Mersad Rajic

Broj poruka : 531
Datum upisa : 13.10.2009

Thanks Mr.Ray Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: Thanks Mr.Ray   Thanks Mr.Ray EmptyČet 25 Mar 2010, 12:25

Hi Ray,

I just received your set of traditional flies and you made me really hapy with chioce of flies you put in the set.Saome of them I've seen first time because they're tied locally an that is quality of your collection.
skocko
Also, what is speciffic for the set is names of the flies. Excelent!!! and Thank you.Thy are allready retired and whole set is ready to go on the wall.
One more time
cestitam and super
Mersad
Thanks Mr.Ray Xp0oif
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

Broj poruka : 233
Godina : 77
Datum upisa : 03.01.2010

Thanks Mr.Ray Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: Thanks Mr.Ray   Thanks Mr.Ray EmptyČet 25 Mar 2010, 13:05

Hi Mersad
I am glad they have arrived OK and have made you happy; I tried to select traditional patterns for each of the main regions in the UK.

It is unlikely you will have encountered the patterns from Wales; but they ones I have selected represent the region quite well.

The Cochen-las is from Rhayader in mid-Wales and is intended to represent the Heather Fly (Bibio pomonae) which loks identical to the Hawthorn Fly (Bibio marci) except for red thighs.

The Haul-a-Gwynt is from the slate quarrying area of North-Wales and again tied to represent the Heather Fly. The name means 'Sun & Wind' just the conditions for the terrestrial Heather Fly to hatch and get blown onto the surface of the many small lakes of that area.

The Coch-a-bon-duu (or as some say Cochybonddu) is tied to represent the Garden Chafer (Phyllopertha horticola) a small beetle that lives in the soil on upland areas and hatches in millions during June.

The Llew Back (or Little Lion) is a fancy fly - but typical of lots of dark coloured flies used for wild brown trout in lakes around Wales.

Ray
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Mersad Rajic
Guide
Guide
Mersad Rajic

Broj poruka : 531
Datum upisa : 13.10.2009

Thanks Mr.Ray Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: Thanks Mr.Ray   Thanks Mr.Ray EmptyČet 25 Mar 2010, 19:35

Hi Ray,

First of all I have to tell you that you've mastered fly tying. Exelent flies. Also, I'm very hapy with notes you wrote for every single fly and if you didn't wright names in English I'd never find out about some of them. Long time I did not see Peter Ross, and you suprised me nicelly, thank you. It seems that, some traditional flies will stay only in the old books. Right...
Also, The Coch-a-bon-duu, is the one that disapearing, litlle by little...and I'm glad you did not forget this one.
I'm missing words to expres my gratitude for your kindness.
One more time
:ziveli :
Cheers and
Thank you
Mersad
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Ray Lockyer
Visitor
Ray Lockyer

Broj poruka : 233
Godina : 77
Datum upisa : 03.01.2010

Thanks Mr.Ray Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: Thanks Mr.Ray   Thanks Mr.Ray EmptyČet 25 Mar 2010, 20:06

Mersad

It has been a pleasure to tie them for you.

Ray
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Sponsored content

Thanks Mr.Ray Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Re: Thanks Mr.Ray   Thanks Mr.Ray Empty

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Thanks Mr.Ray
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1

Dozvole ovog foruma:Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu
Musicarenje.net :: International fly fishing forum :: International fly fishing forum-
Skoči na: